I went to see “Whip it” tonight and now I want to join the Roller Derby. The main problem (of many) with that idea is that I cannot roller skate. Probably the other main problem (apart from my extreme-out-of-shape-ness/girth) is that my body was so broken, I was out of work for a month over it this year (aka backular dysfunction). Anyway, the LA Derby Dolls (whose rink is literally five minutes from us) were IN Whip it, the movie was BASED on them, AND they’re having a match tomorrow. So knowing us, we’ll end up going and will tell you all about it, haha. It’s gonna be PACKED though, I can tell you that much right now.
At the moment, I am watching Chris Rock and relaxing. The job front is taking its sweet time but then again we only just started seriously applying about two weeks ago. I’m just impatient. We can’t really experience LA like we want to until we have steady paychecks coming in. We’re okay for now but we want to be able to go to a movie without feeling guilty ya know?
And guys, I just have to say:
I LOVE LA!!!
Apart from the creepy old man who we just found shuffling down the street, giving us the stank eye, there’s not much I don’t absolutely love about this place. And dudes, there are so many damn Targets here that we never have to go to the same one twice. And if you know me at ALL, you know I love me some Target, ugh.
And today, I went into the hands-down most awesome photography store I have ever seen. They were basically specifically for the film shooter, nothing digital (not really). Racks and rows of different kinds of paper, developer, fixer, stop bath, reels, tanks, enlargers, bags, lomo cameras…and the Holgas…oh the HOLGAS!!!They had Holgas in every color of the rainbow. They had skins you can add to Holgas to decorate them. They had Holgas that made 3D pictures! Ugh, all kinds of accessories for them! They had cameras that look like this:
I applied to WORK here. But seriously, if I worked here, I’d make zero dollars but there is no way I would not spend my money faster than I made it. At this moment in time, they are fully staffed (thank god).
So this weekend we have a bunch of things on the agenda:
1) Clean the car. *Kristyn’s parents, please cover your eyes. Thank you.* Guys, the car is filthy. It has filth on it from NJ, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota,Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California on it AND it also has bird poop on it from all of those states as well. I had to give mental props to the very nice valet man who politely closed my door for me when we went to UCB last Sunday. (Yes, they have $6 VALET for a FREE comedy show. LA is so weird and awesome.) Anyway, since the car has become a moving disease wagon, we have bought car cleaner, sponges and a bucket and intend to right this evil very VERY soon.
2) West Hollywood Book Fair! Amber Benson and Francesca Lia Block will be there!
3) LA Derby Dolls, as mentioned.
4) UCB again hopefully.
5) We had wanted to go to the beach but what with TSUNAMIS threatening the Pacific, we decided it’s best to leave the waves to the surfers.
7) Curb Your Enthusiasm
9) I missed Medium bc I was at the Movies so I have to watch that.
11) We have to decorate for Halloween!!!
So anyway, cross your fingers for me guys. I needs me a j-o-b.